Friday, May 13, 2011

Small and Simple


“Brothers and sisters, we should find great comfort in the fact that ordinary people who faithfully, diligently, and consistently do simple things that are right before God will bring forth extraordinary results.”  - Elder Bednar

I was perusing around lds.org and saw the highlights from the Womens Conference at BYU. Well I started to skim through and that just was not enough. I watched the clips and have been reading through all the snippets. I highly recommend taking a look for your self. You will NOT be disappointed :-)  I want to share my favorite quotes that touched me deeply. It is a lot of reading for a blog.. it is well worth the time.
---Blissful Reading---



Elder David A. Bednar

"As you and I become increasingly steadfast and immovable, we are less prone to zealous and exaggerated spurts of spirituality followed by extended periods of slackness." -- Elder Bednar

“In a world of increasing wickedness, in a world where good is called evil and evil is called good, in a world that puts darkness for light and light for darkness (see 2 Nephi 15:20), you can be blessed with ‘the hope of righteousness’ (Galatians 5:5), ‘the light of the Lord’ (Isaiah2:5), and protection against deception (see 1 Nephi 15:24; Helaman 5:12),” Elder Bednar testified.

Sister Julie B. Beck

“The identity we have from Heavenly Father can be fully understood only through spiritual confirmation,” she said. “An intellectual study can be made, but a spiritual confirmation teaches us who we are and what we are to do. … The identity of a daughter of God is precious beyond compare and rich and full."

“They are given this powerful and influential leadership role,” she said. “The female responsibility of being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend … is all about nurturing, teaching, and influencing. These are non-negotiable responsibilities. We can’t delegate them. We can accept them and live them. These are things we understood before we were born, and we can’t negotiate with the Lord whether they’re part of His plan. These are our responsibilities.”
“Am I aligned with the Lord’s vision of me and what He needs me to become?”

“Heavenly Father loves His daughters,” she said. “And because the reward at the end [of this life] is so glorious, we do not get a pass from the responsibilities we were given. We cannot give them away. They are our sacred duties, and we fulfill them under covenant.”

“There are a lot of feelings of entitlement, feelings that someone owes [us] something,” Sister Beck said. “This even happens in families. I hear a wife say ‘my husband owes me this,’ usually [regarding] time or help. … When I remember the Savior Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us, I remember who owes Who. No one owes me anything, and I owe everything to the Lord for His sacrifice.


* I added color and made certain words bold to stand out, it is all my personal touch. It may not be a word that the speaker them selves emphasized *

No comments:

Post a Comment